Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Binder's Reading

On Thursday Evening, I cannot make L. Annette Binder reading because of my night class which is  Strategic Management. I think attending this speaker would of gave me a whole different perspective on these stories. I look at something different reading it from my couch at home than someone else like the author reading it to me.

In the first story we read for class, Nephilim, puts a lot of emphasis on the body. It starts out by talking about Freda. Freda was 18 pounds when she was born. That is an enormous baby. A quote in Nephlim " Your Aunt Mary had hands like a butcher." Authors seem to talk about the hands frequently. I like Nephilim the best out of the three because it talks about height, which relates to me in that I am taller then most girls my age. I understood Nephilim the most.

While reading Binder's three short stories, I was expecting them to be longer than they really were.  I thought her stories were interesting but not what i had envisioned them to be. Some  parts of them were strange to me and other parts were just plain confusing. The three stories were on three different topics which I liked. This way it keeps you focused and its no on the same topic for very long.

I look forward to hearing student's feedback regarding Binder from her point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment