Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My Year of Meats Ch 9-10

I felt like these chapter were a turning point for the book. I've realized that I'm waiting for Jane and Akiko to meet, I'm waiting for Akiko to leave John, and I'm waiting for Jane to lose her job and now that Akiko has become more bold and Jane is taking her work a step further I feel like things will come together in the end.

I also felt like, with the information in Dyann's articles about the meat industry and Akiko being sick and John's reactions to the meat that someone might die in the end. That instead of enhancing, the meat will make someone really sick. Maybe John? The very thing that he lives for, basically, is the thing that will kill him in the end?

Dyann's article also said that the slogan for that particular meat industry was "You call the shots" and I thought it was funny that she said that to John and kind of compared him to the horrible meat packing industry. She wasn't really giving him any power, she was mostly mocking him by giving him what he wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment