Friday, April 11, 2014

My Year of Meats prologue-3

Hey!
So far this is the most interesting novel. My year of meats keeps me engage and excited to read more. It all started with Wal-Mart. A few quotes that I had to share with the class are on page seven and page ten. On page seven, “I had just gotten into bed and was lying there, rigid, trying to relax against icy sheets long enough to fall asleep.” I hate that when you first hop into bed and it’s so cold. I love how they describe the sheets as icy. On page ten, “ I would prowl the freezer sections of food chains across the country, eyeing the unsuspecting housewives of America as they poked their fingers into plastic wrapped flank steaks.” I don’t even want to think about what people do to food behind our backs. I carefully look over the package of meat whether it is chicken, pork or beef to see if there are any holes in the package and check the package or sell by date. So I thought it was ironic the author bring up people poking their fingers into the package. Thats all for now.

Karie King

No comments:

Post a Comment