Monday, April 14, 2014

My Year of Meats Prologue-3

I really enjoy reading this book but I felt like some of the things she wrote weren't very believable which would have been okay with me but I feel like this is supposed to be a very real book especially with the situations the characters are in and how they apply to the real world. 

She writes about a lot of interesting themes that I think very closely apply to problems people are still facing and will probably always deal with. I feel like I'm learning from her characters rather than just trying to understand what they're going through. 

I think it is very interesting how Jane thinks of herself especially when she describes her body and she talks about her green eyes. I pulled a quote from page 51 "The green's not traceable, but Ma thinks it's the oni and I'm the devil's spawn." I like that she is still connecting herself to her Japanese culture but there is also an american side because you can tell she doesn't believe in the oni. 

No comments:

Post a Comment