Friday, April 11, 2014

My Year of Meats Emily Teach

So far I am really enjoying this book and it's really keeping my interest. In the novel, the two main women seem very different on the outside, but some how have certain similarities. Jane has always struggled with being comfortable in her own body, because of her 'freakish' height, but America's diverse culture has made it easier for her to fit in and feel comfortable. So far, she seems like a very strong and self- dependent character. Aklko however is very different. She seems very lost and is married to an arrogant abusive husband who controls every aspect of her life. She constantly sides with her husband and has no opinion of her own, which I find to be very sad. She has an eating disorder which is making her body weaker and more frail everyday, sadly this seems to be the only way she can have any control in her life. I can't wait to see what else unravels throughout more of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment