Saturday, February 22, 2014

Chapters 3 and 4

Since the beginning of Eva Luna, Eva constantly talks about how strong of a woman her mother is and speaks very highly of her. What came to a surprise to me was how her mother ends up dying but leaves her by saying, " There is no death, daughter. People die only when we forget them. If you can remember me, I will be with you always." ( 43). This quote stuck out to me and I found it to be very powerful. Eva's mother told her many stories throughout her life that helped her form into the person she is today, and now Eva has those stories to carry on with her to tell, and to constantly remind her of her mother and keep her alive. "Everyone dies, it's not so important. "( 44). Said by Madrina so casually I thought. She acted like she just wanted to get rid of the body right away with no emotion whatsoever, which I found to be very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment