Sunday, February 9, 2014

Kamrie Gademske Colored Hands

I thought it was clever to use the color of the characters hands to represent something about themselves. I also particularly like how Zane Grey added this section to the story because everyone reading can discover their own interpretation of the hand colors and produce meaning out of it. I personally think Tull's hands are black because he is simply a bad person. His black hands represent darkness in my mind, nothing about this color is inviting and that is what I think when it comes to Tull. When it comes to Lassiter's hands being red, two different outcomes pop into my head. I think they are red because he has killed people in his past. So the red to me represents blood. However, I also think of love when I envision the color red. The red on his hands could possibly represent his growing love and attraction towards Jane.  

No comments:

Post a Comment