Friday, February 21, 2014

Eva Luna Chapters 3 & 4

On page 47 Eva is talking about her madrina and I always find it interesting when she talks about her because she never really has anything good to say but at the same time she doesn't dislike her. I think because her madrina took over when her mother died that made a connection between them. 

"For her, the boundaries between good and evil were very precise, and she was ready to save me from sin if she had to beat me to do it."

I thought this was a great quote. Eva understands that her madrina is doing what she thinks it best for Eva and that is the only way she knows how to raise her. I feel like this quote gives us insight into just how smart Eva is, especially when it comes to people. It is just surprising to me that such a young girl would say something like that and I feel like Eva knows how it sounds and doesn't agree with her madrina but it holding on to the closest mother figure she has. I think that is also why she has such a strong connection to Elvira.

No comments:

Post a Comment