Friday, February 7, 2014

Thoughts on discussion today

When we were talking about the discussion questions that Professor MgGee posted as an example, I had a few thoughts about some of the questions.

My thoughts about the first question about Jane's gesture towards Lassiter being "terrible" is that maybe Lassiter is trying to make sure that Jane stays true to her Mormon religion and keeps away from friendships with Gentiles because he knows that Jane could be in trouble for friendships with Gentiles. Lassiter also knows what other people are saying about Jane and what they are planning against her, and for that reason, I think that Lassiter is trying to protect Jane.

I also had a few thoughts about the third question about the colors of their hands. I agree with what others were saying in class that Tull's hands are black because he's not a good person. I think that Lassiter's hands are red because he's murdered people and he does not have a good past, but I also think that there is more to Lassiter than we have found out so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment