Monday, February 10, 2014

Could Jane Do Anything?

I was thinking about discussion today about the end of Riders of the Purple Sage. I think one of the most frustrating things about this book was I was waiting for Jane to do something without using her body. She finally gave Venters her horses, probably the best thing she thinks she will every do in her life, and she didn't use her body. It made me think about how someone in class said she felt guilty about her father's involvement with Bishop Dyer and Milly Erne and how she never really stood up to her father. I think maybe because she didn't stand up to her father, she felt she couldn't stand up to anyone else. That's why she never really did anything. She probably realized she could get things using her body so that's all she ever did until she gave away her horses and realized she could do things without using her beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment