Tuesday, January 28, 2014

About Me

My name is Lauren Voelkle. I was raised in Marilla, NY, right outside of Buffalo, but I've been living year-round in Fredonia for the last two years. I am a senior Psychology major and minoring in English (possibly Women & Gender Studies soon), although, I will be returning in the fall for my last semester in order to graduate in December. I've been a member of S.T.E.P.S. since my freshmen year. You may have seen me in previous Summer Orientation sessions...feel free to say Hi or ask me any questions! :)

Ever since preschool, one of the most noticeable things about me was my height. I was usually the tallest girl in my class, but the height difference quickly diminished when I entered high school. It is both a blessing and a curse- I can play a lot of sports, but I am also terribly clumsy. Sometimes I wish I was shorter, but I've realized being tall isn't so bad. My friends even made up a nickname for me- Long Legs. Also, my legs help me travel well. I can walk fast, reach my car pedals easily, and hike/climb with confidence. My parents live in Pittsburgh, my sister lives in Seattle, and my brother lives in Buffalo, so I am constantly traveling around alone to visit them. I mean, who is going to mess with a tall girl like me? Just kidding, but I now know self-defense, thanks to SUNY Fredonia's awesome class (which I highly recommend). Good luck to all this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment