Monday, January 27, 2014

My Side

Hey there! My name is Samantha (or Sam, either works for me) Conner. I am a sophomore Communications Disorders and Sciences major. I live in Eden, New York, about halfway between Fredonia and Buffalo. I have 3 cats which I think should have more... yes.
I think my body greatly reflects who I am. One of my favorite things is making faces at people. You can say so much to someone without having to say a single word if you make a good face. Mostly I'm making silly faces and making people laugh, which I absolutely love. I think it's a different way of communicating and shows how I don't always like speaking up so much but I can say what I think without saying anything at all.
Another thing that is important to me are my eyes. My grandma is almost nearly blind which makes me appreciate being able to see. Whenever my grandma stays at our house, I always help her around with whatever she needs. It reflects who I am because it enables me to help someone very near to me.
One thing I like doing in my spare time is watching YouTube videos, and not just the random videos of cats running on a treadmill (but those are funny- having a bad day? watch some cats on a treadmill. Seriously.), but watching people who have made careers from making YouTube videos. My eyes and my hands allow me to watch these videos and engage in an entirely different community that I love being a part of.
I guess I never thought my body reflects me in such a way.
Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment