Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Self Portrait

Hi! I'm Chelsea Ottman, and I'm a junior Childhood Education Major with an English concentration. My birthday is February 10th and I'm turning 21! I'm from Oswego, NY so I'm very used to all of the snow. My hometown gets a lot of it. I want to move down south once I graduate from Fredonia, but I do plan on going on to get my Masters degree so that depends on where I decide to go for grad school.

I think that my fingers, my eyes and my face as a whole are the most important parts of my body. I use those to express myself the most. I've played the violin since I was 8 years old and I continued to play in an orchestra all the way up to my senior year. Since college started, I don't have time to play my violin on a regular basis, but I do pick it up and play every once in a while. The fingers are the most important part of being a violinist. We use our fingers to tune our strings using the pegs and the fine tuners, to play notes, to control our bows on the strings, to rosin our bows so that they slide across the strings well, and to turn the pages in our music. Our eyes are also important because we use them to read the music and to see our instrument and what we are supposed to play. Lastly, we use our face as a way to show emotion while we are playing a piece. Depending on the piece that we are playing, our expressions will change to match the mood of the piece of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment