Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Just a Little Entry About Myself, as a Person.

I'm Luke Dumke and I'm from Lancaster, one of the suburbs of Buffalo only about an hour down the road from Fredonia. I'm currently a sophomore majoring in Communication Video Production with the intention and hope of getting into a minor of English Writing. I've been a writer for years so I hope to do something along the lines of that in the future. Apart from the smudges of ink on my hands, there really isn't much about my body that could define me as a writer. But I guess all in all, a person's physical appearance can really tell a lot about them to the eyes of someone else.

There are more non-physical traits however about myself that describe me as a person. Aside from the obvious physical appearances, such as weight, hair color and the way ones dresses, I think that one of the bigger things about a person's body that can really define them as to who they are, is just the way they behave. I don't talk out loud all too often, because I'm more of a jot-it-down-on-paper sort of guy. I also have an awful habit of biting my nails which probably comes across to others that I'm constantly a nervous wreck. And another big thing that clearly defines me is just my basic personality.

 I guess one's personality doesn't really show from the outside, but it's all apart of yourself, so I think that my personality is another thing that helps define me through my body. I'm cooperative and although sometimes I don't speak my mind, I find myself open to other peoples' opinions and listen in on them carefully. I try not to slouch because we all know that poor posture is an immediate sign of low confidence and it can even lead to issues down the line. While mentioning the topic about confidence, another part of myself that helps define me as the person I am is my eyes. Learning about communication has taught me many things but one of the most important things is eye contact. So while talking and listening, I keep a firm eye onto the person who is speaking and presenting and I think that helps define me and the ways that I act and behave as a person. Those are just the little things that I tend to notice in myself. Yet as each year progresses I can see myself growing as a person by taking note on my behavior around others and the way I act. And as long as I take care of my body and keep a good attitude about everything, I think I can become a better, more confident person overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment