Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Self Portrait

Hi! My name is Halie Degnan. I grew up in Jamestown, NY, which is about forty five minutes away from Fredonia. I'm a Freshman English major and I hope to have a minor in writing eventually. I used to play the violin and the piano. I played soccer for a while and I ran track. I love to read and write but none of the body parts used for those activities really felt like they defined who I am as a person.

I've noticed that as I get older the decisions I have to make get more difficult. A big part of who I am choosing to be comes from those decisions and I realized that sometimes it is good to go with your gut feeling. So the body part that defines me would be my heart. I like to think that it is important to make choices in life based on the things that make you happy. I've been trying to sort out the details from what I feel is right. My decision to go to college at SUNY Fredonia was one that opened my eyes to a choice where I would use my heart instead of my head. I think making choices based on a feeling can be good and even important sometimes.

I think the ways I am feeling show in the ways that I act and that my heart has played a huge role in deciding who I aspire to be.

-Halie Degnan


No comments:

Post a Comment