Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Myself and Change

       My name is Joe Allison. I'm a senior Philosophy Major with a sociology minor. I am taking this class because I need twelve more credits to graduate. I enjoy reading and discussing books so I was hoping to broaden my horizons in this class. I'm from a small town out side Rochester called Palmyra. The down that is credited in history for creating the Mormon religion. I work two jobs currently, I'm a cashier at Crosby's gas station and I work at the cafes on campus. I'm trying to save money so I can buy a car before I graduate. I am going to move after college and try to find work somewhere. After a year if I am still struggling I'll try to go back to school but for now I need a break from the schoolwork.
         I think I relate to my body because I and my body are always changing. Everyone changes overtime physically and mentally. Whether one likes change or not it happens, it is inevitable. Change seems like it is never a great thing in the moment but without change life would be boring. Change needs to happen in order for life to happen. Next time you change your hair style, or change your mind on whether you like coffee, think that change doesn't have to be terrible. All I can hope for is that I change for the better. Physically, hopefully healthier,  mentally, hopefully wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment