Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Self-Portrait

Hi!
When I first read over the definition of this class in the syllabus it seemed very odd to me.  I've never really thought a lot about bodily actions in narratives.  Once I think about it the concept makes a ton of sense, body language is a huge factor in determining someones character.  I think for me my most pronounced body part is my hands, hands are the most important part of the body.  What is a person without their hands?   Hands are used in just about everything from doing the dishes to texting your hands are your best friend.  The most important thing about my hands is writing.  I love writing and typing fiction stories.  My hands are the ones that make sure what I think gets down on the paper.  When my brain is all jumbled sometimes i just let my hands keep going and turn my mind off for a second.  It really helps clear writers block and even relieves stress.  It's amazing everything your hands go through and still they dont wear down and break.  In a lot of ways the shape, color and texture of your hands tells a story about you.  Where you've been, or even what you like to do.  I dont know if anyone else knows how important their hands are but if you just think about how you use your hands in a day it might surprise you.

Victoria  

No comments:

Post a Comment