Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Communication

My name is Kyle Scudder and I am currently a junior studying music performance. I am from Fredonia, NY, which is about zero minutes away. Yeah, I grew up in Fredonia, and I'm still here. It's kind of weird, but totally okay. College has been pretty interesting for me so far. I've realized many things about myself, but also realized I have no "grand plan" for my life. I really just want to not have much of a plan. I just want to get my degree, move somewhere, do cool things, write a book, live, etc.

So how does my body play a role? To sum it up, I use my body as a way to communicate. I talk with my hands. I communicate with facial expressions, how I stand, how I sit, and the way I speak. Music is also a way for me to communicate. For the most part, my hands are the most vital part of my body. My hands, fingers, and arms work together to produce a motion that sends a stick or mallet to strike my instrument. Also, my core and legs are essential for me to keep my balance. Music is extremely active for a percussionist due to the many different instruments we play as well as the different ways we play our instruments.

My body is an outlet for communication, whether it be words, body language, or music.

No comments:

Post a Comment