Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Story

Hello everybody! My name is Ilana Lieberman and I hope this font makes it so that the capital 'I' doesn't look like the lowercase 'l' because people never know how to say my name and that annoys me. Props to you, Professor Mcgee, for getting it right the very first day.
I live in Binghamton, NY so that's four and a half hours away! I actually spent a summer here though for a choral camp, so I'm very used to the campus and it doesn't really feel like college, or at least the expectations of college I used to have. That's okay though.

Anyways, I am a freshman B.F.A. Acting major here at SUNY Fredonia. I also take quite a few dance classes and am thinking of taking up a dance minor. This Spring semester I will be performing in the Fredonia Dance Ensemble later this February and RENT, the musical, in April! You should all come watch. :) This being said, I would have to say that I depend on my body in order to succeed in what I want to pursue in life- the performing arts. I have to stay very healthy in order to sing, act, and dance. I exercise a lot on top of my dancing in order to keep up with stamina and muscular endurance. I also have to stay flexible and make sure that I maintain a good diet and drink lots of water. They say that "abstinence" is the best thing for performers, but not the kind that you're probably all thinking of. The abstinence I refer to means refraining from drinking alcohol in excess and eating lots of junk food, which pretty much goes hand-in-hand on the weekends (ha Calios haha). But anyways, I do consider my body a huge part of my life. I identify with my body completely because I feel that performing is a huge part of my life, and I absolutely need to keep my body in great shape for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment